"It takes a certain independent spirit & tenacity to grow grapes on the mountain." ~ Random Ridge
Grapes with Altitude
Our vineyard is located on an 80 acre parcel in the heart of the premium Mount Veeder Appellation in the Napa Valley. One of the most distinctive characteristics of this region, and the grapes we produce, is the altitude at which we farm.
Elevations at Mount Veeder Magic Vineyards range from 710 ft. to 1110 ft.
- 16 acres are planted to vines — 15 acres of Cabernet Sauvignon and 1 acre of Merlot.
- The vines are watered from our 2 acre pond and our 15gpm well — both are extremely rare and valuable on this mountain appellation.
- Our vineyard is sustainably farmed.
- Grapes are hand picked.
- Ultra-limited yields ½ - 2 tons per acre produce very small, concentrated berries.
- We invested in a leading edge irrigation monitoring system, The eKo Pro Series. It is a solar-powered outdoor wireless sensing system that allows us to have the the ability to conserve and maximize water usage while improving the quality of our grapes. Less than 5% of the Napa Valley's vineyards are utilizing an irrigation monitoring system of this caliber
The property has appeared in two movies — Black Rain & A Walk in the Clouds.